Commander College 301
Now that you've engaged yourself in the "Next Step" as a Commander (101) and been trained in leading a club of excellence (201), you are ready for Commander College 301. Attendance at both 101 and 201 is required to attend Commander College 301 which is held only at Awana headquarters (in Streamwood, Illinois) twice per year.
Commander College 301 is not for the faint-hearted. You will be challenged to evaluate what you have implemented from 101 and 201, things like — how well your directors and leaders share the gospel with clubbers; how well you have built relationships with your children's or youth pastor; and, how stories using a vision statement have transformed your club and church.
Since this conference completes your Commander College experience, your attendance at a graduation banquet on Saturday evening is required in order to receive your certification. Our conference concludes on Saturday evening. Semi-formal attire is suggested.
Your take-home value from Commander College 301:
- Reflect on Jesus' ministry of discipleship with His closest followers.
- Learn how Jesus multiplied His ministry by choosing to invest His Kingdom on a few, rather than the masses.
- Consider what kind of legacy God might be calling for your life during this season – to leave a spiritual heritage for your children and grandchildren, to expand God's work in your church by raising up a co-commander, or to look beyond your Awana club and pursue a missionary or ministry team experience locally or in another part of the world.
- Be equipped to move your club beyond being excellent to be a club that is significant for generations to come.
- Glean from the Scriptures and testimonies how to be faithful in fruitful seasons as well as during hardships.
We begin with fellowship and lunch at 12 noon on Thursday and conclude with our banquet at 9 p.m. on Saturday.